Last updated January 2023
Information we collect about you:
We may collect information that can identify you ("personal information") such as your name, phone number, mailing address, and e-mail address, as well as other information that does not identify you. When you provide personal information through our Services, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States and other countries around the world.
- Information you provide. We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our online Services or provide to us by phone or in some other manner. This includes identifying information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number, and, if you transact business with us, financial information such as your payment method (valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information), in addition to transactional data that we may retain. We also may request information about your interests and activities, your gender and age, your opinion about products and services we offer, and other demographic information.
- Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser when you use our online Services. This information may include your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see "Cookies" below), and the referring website address.
- When you use our online Services, we may assign your computer or device one or more Cookies, to facilitate access to our site and to personalize your online experience. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline Cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on our online Services.
- Other technologies: We may use standard Internet technology, such as Web Beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our online Services. We also may include web beacons and other similar technologies in promotional or other e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer users of our online Services to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming, or other activities. To opt out of our cookies used for this enhanced online advertising.
How we use the information we collect:
We may use information that we collect about you to:
- deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services, or content offered by others;
- communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone, and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our Services and on other sites;
- verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes;
- enforce our conditions of use and other terms and conditions;
- manage our business; and
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
SMS & Text Message Policy & Agreement
By providing your mobile number, you agree that Helix may send you periodic SMS messages containing information, deals, updates and specials.
- You will receive an average of 1- 2 messages per month.
- You may unsubscribe at any time.
- Helix will never charge you for texts. However, message and data rates from your own carrier may apply.
- US participating carriers include: AT&T, T Mobile, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, Boost, U.S. Cellular, MetroPCS, InterOp, Cellcom, C Spire Wireless, Cricket, Virgin Mobil and others.
- You agree to notify us of changes to your mobile number.
- Data obtained from you in connection with this SMS subscription may include your cell phone number, your carrier’s name, and the date, time and content of your messages. We will use this information only to provide the service you request from us.
- By subscribing to receive text messages, you acknowledge and agree that we have the right to change subscription offers or terminate the service at any time without advanced notice.
We may use financial information or payment method to process payment for any purchases made on our online Services, or by phone, fax, or mail, to enroll you in the discount, rebate, warranty and other programs in which you elect to participate, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
Please review Your Choices About Collection And Use Of Your Information below.
With whom we share your information:
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share personal or other information we have collected about you or your activities on our online Services or while using our other Services.
Personal information. We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
- Authorized service providers: We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, delivering packages, providing customer service and technical support, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our online Services’ functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys, and other features offered through our online Service. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purpose.
- Other Situations. We also may disclose your information in response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us. 2. When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our online Services’ terms and conditions or other agreements or policies. 3. In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Aggregated and non-personal information. We may share aggregated and non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. This aggregated data does not contain any personal information. We may also share it with third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our online Services, on websites of third parties, or by other means. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers, and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to our online Services and the most popular features or services accessed. This information does not contain any personal information and may be used to develop our online Services or other content and services that we hope you and other users will find of interest and to target content and advertising.
Your choices about collection and use of your information
- You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our online Services because such information may be required in order for you to register as a member; purchase products or services through our online Services or by phone or fax; participate in a contest, promotion, survey, or sweepstakes; ask a question; or initiate other transactions on our online Services.
- At any time you can choose to no longer receive commercial or promotional e-mails or newsletters from us. When your register or provide your e-mail address through our online Services, you will be given a choice as to whether you want to receive e-mail messages about special offers. You may modify your choice at any time, by modifying your e-mail subscription settings. You also will be given the opportunity, in any commercial e-mail that we send to you, to opt out of receiving such messages in the future. It may take up to 10 days for us to process an opt-out request. We may send you other types of transactional and relationship e-mail communications, such as service announcements, administrative notices, and surveys, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. Please note that changing information in your account, or otherwise opting out of receipt of promotional e-mail communications will only affect future activities or communications from us.
We may provide areas on our online Services where you can post reviews of products. In addition, such postings may appear on other websites or when searches are executed on the subject of your posting. We cannot control who reads your posting or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, so we encourage you to exercise discretion and caution with respect to your personal information. Once you have posted information, you will not be able to edit or delete such information.
Our Services are general audience services, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18.
INFORMATION FOR USERS OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES:
- If you are visiting the Services from outside the United States, please be aware that information we obtain about you will be processed in the United States or in other jurisdictions. By using the Services you acknowledge and consent to the international transfer and processing of your personal data as described in this Privacy Statement. Please be aware that the data protection laws and regulations that apply to your personal data transferred to the United States or other jurisdictions may be different from the laws in your country of residence.
No Rights of Third Parties:
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user's computer or device for record-keeping purposes. Cookies can be either session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie expires when you close your browser and is used to make it easier for you to navigate our online Services. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive or device for an extended period of time.
Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our online Services, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our online Services.
You may delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings. (Click "Help" in the toolbar of most browsers for instructions.) If you do so, some of the features and services of our website may not function properly.
Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags, or web bugs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users or to access cookies. Unlike cookies which are stored on the user's computer hard drive or device, web beacons are embedded invisibly on the web pages (or in e-mail) and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence.
Web beacons may be used to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited certain pages and to understand usage patterns. We also may include web beacons in promotional e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. We also may receive an anonymous identification number if you come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website. To opt out of our cookies used for this enhanced online advertising.
How to contact us:
Phone: 1-888-HELIXCO (888-435-4926)
572 Freeport Street
Boston MA 02122
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a resident of California, in addition to the rights set forth above, you have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. California law gives you the right to send us a request at a designated address to receive the following information:
- the categories of information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year;
- the names and addresses of the third parties that received that information; and
- if the nature of the third party's business cannot be determined from their name, examples of the products or services marketed.
We may provide this information in a standardized format that is not specific to you.
Please contact us:
Phone: 1-888-HELIXCO (888-435-4926)
Attn: California Privacy Rights
572 Freeport Street
Boston MA 02122
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT
This "Your Rights Under the California Consumer Privacy Act" section is referred to as the "CCPA Notice", and this CCPA Notice is effective on January 1, 2020. The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides certain new rights to "consumers" who are residents of California, and this CCPA Notice explains how Helix® enables those rights for California residents who are customers or prospective customers using our services, and explains our California personal information practices as required by CCPA.
COLLECTED PERSONAL INFORMATION.
Categories of Personal Information.
Helix® may collect personal information about customers and other users of our services who are California consumers including personal information within the following categories: identifiers; individual records; characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law; commercial information; biometric information; internet or other electronic network activity information; geolocation data; audio, electronic, visual, or similar information; professional or employment-related information; education information; and inferences information. The personal information described in this paragraph reflects categories of personal information, disclosure of which is required by CCPA.
Other Personal Information.
We may collect other information that meets CCPA’s definition of personal information but is not reflected by a category. If we do collect such other information, we will treat it as personal information as required by the CCPA, but will not include it when we are required to describe our practices by category of personal information.
As permitted by applicable law, we do not treat deidentified data or aggregate consumer information as personal information, and we reserve the right to convert, or permit others to convert, personal information into deidentified data or aggregate consumer information. Also, as permitted by applicable law, we may choose not to treat publicly available information as personal information. CCPA does not require us to re-identify information or to keep personal information longer than we need it to respond to requests.
SOURCES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. Helix® collects personal information from different sources.
Personal information we collect from you. Helix® collects some personal information that you provide directly to us. This can include contact information, payment information, order information, communication information, feedback information, preferences information, pictures and videos that you send to us, and other information you provide to us. In addition, a customer may share personal information about other people with us, including recipients of purchases.
Personal information we collect automatically. Helix® collects some personal information automatically when you use our services. This can include browsing and use information; information about devices that you use to access Helix®’s services; information collected through cookies, pixels, and similar technology.
Personal information we create. Helix® creates some personal information when you use our services or in the operation of our business. This can include analytics information; and inferences information.
Personal information we collect from third parties. Helix® collects personal information from other companies. This can include updated address and shipping instructions information; credit information; information from advertisers; information from Facebook, Twitter and other similar platforms; information that is collected automatically through your use of our services; information from entities that provide information that supplements personal information we already have.
USES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
Account provision and maintenance, including creating and managing your account with Helix®; providing customer service; verifying customer information; and providing other services in the course of Helix®’s business operations
Product sales and fulfillment, including selling products; processing and shipping orders to you or to recipients you designate; managing returns; processing refunds; managing warranties
Customer service and communications, including responding to requests, comments, or questions through email, text message, telephone calls, postal mail, chat functions; providing interest-based advertising and other advertising, marketing and promotional content and messaging, managing and communicating through Helix® presences on social media platforms and other platforms; maintaining user forms and product review capabilities; reviewing recorded calls or content of other communications for quality or customer service purposes; responding to requests for information and taking action that may be requested under CCPA.
Improving services and user experience, including creating and updating applications, websites, and other features or functionality used by Helix®; debugging to identify and repair errors that may affect how the services function; engaging in analytics related to improving services or user experience
Personalizing user experience and marketing, including targeted product display; targeted marketing and advertising through the services; marketing through emails, text messages, and other communications methods; re-targeted marketing and advertising across other websites, devices, and platforms; auditing related to the performance of Helix®’s advertising and marketing efforts; engaging in analytics to personalize user experience
Fraud prevention and information security, including measures to verify identity when an account is used for ordering or when the account is otherwise accessed; detecting and responding to fraud or security incidents; protecting against other malicious, deceptive, or illegal activity
Legal obligations, including prosecuting people responsible for fraudulent, malicious, deceptive or illegal activities; defending claims; notifying of product recalls or other issues related to products; enforcing and notifying of Helix®’s terms and conditions, privacy statement and other policies and changes to such terms and conditions, privacy statement and other policies
Payment-related activities, including processing payments, checking credit-worthiness, evaluating payment options, managing installment payment programs, and managing private label credit card programs
Conducting research, analytics, surveys, and focus groups to improve customer experiences, develop services and products, provide better marketing and advertising,
Product safety or quality activities
Short-term, transient use permitted under CCPA
Any other legal purpose consistent with our applicable privacy statements.
SALES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. The concept of a "sale" under CCPA is different from what has traditionally been considered a "sale", e.g., selling a customer list for money. Under CCPA, a "sale" potentially includes other uses or disclosures of personal information to third parties outside Helix® in a commercial context where an exception to “sale” as provided by the CCPA does not exist. Because the concept of "sale" is arguably so broad under CCPA, Helix® may conceivably be deemed to "sell" personal information described in the following categories, even if such "sales" are not the exchange of that personal information for money: identifiers; individual records; characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law; commercial information; internet or other electronic network activity information; geolocation data; audio, electronic, visual, or similar information; professional or employment-related information; and inferences information.
Please note that Helix® will treat your direction to Helix® to complete a transaction with us as your direction to have Helix® provide certain related personal information that may be included in your transaction to a small group of vendors who provide services to fulfill your transaction, and we do not treat that as a sale. These include payment processors, fraud prevention services, and shippers.
DISCLOSURES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. In the furtherance of Helix®’s business purposes, Helix® may disclose personal information that are within the following categories: identifiers; individual records; characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law; commercial information; biometric information; internet or other electronic network activity information; geolocation data; audio, electronic, visual, or similar information; professional or employment-related information; and inferences information.
RIGHT OF DELETION. If you are a consumer (as defined in CCPA), you have the right to request that Helix® delete any personal information about you that Helix® has collected from you, but CCPA permits Helix® to exclude some personal information from a deletion request if that personal information is necessary for Helix® to maintain for certain permitted purposes under CCPA. Accordingly, Helix® will comply with deletion requests made under CCPA, but some personal information about you may be retained by Helix®, as permitted under CCPA.
How to exercise right of deletion: If you are a consumer (as defined in CCPA), you may exercise your right to request deletion of your personal information by calling 888-HELIXCO.
How to exercise right to opt-out of sales: If you are a "consumer" as defined under CCPA, you have the Right to Opt-Out of some sales of your personal information, and you may exercise your Right to Opt-Out by calling 888-HELIXCO.
RIGHT TO RECEIVE A COPY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AND OTHER INFORMATION. If you are a "consumer" as defined in CCPA, then you have the right to request that Helix® disclose to you the following information:
(1) The categories of personal information Helix® has collected about you.
(2) The categories of sources from which the personal information about you is collected.
(3) The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information about you.
(4) The categories of third parties with whom Helix® shares personal information about you.
(5) The specific pieces of personal information Helix® has collected about you.
How to exercise right to receive a copy of personal information and other information: If you are a "consumer" as defined in CCPA, you may exercise your right to request a copy of the information described under this "RIGHT TO RECEIVE A COPY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AND OTHER INFORMATION" section. You have the right to send us a request, no more than twice in a twelve-month period, by calling 888-HELIXCO.
RIGHT TO RECEIVE INFORMATION ABOUT SALES AND DISCLOSURES FOR BUSINESS PURPOSES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. If you are a "consumer" as defined in CCPA, then you have the right to request that Helix® disclose to you the following information:
(1) The categories of personal information that Helix® has collected about you.
(2) The categories of personal information that Helix® sold about you and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information about you was sold.
(3) The categories of personal information that Helix® disclosed about you for a business purpose.
How to exercise right to receive information about sales and disclosures for business purposes of personal information. If you are a "consumer" as defined in CCPA, you may exercise your right to request a copy of the information described under this "RIGHT TO RECEIVE INFORMATION ABOUT SALES AND DISCLOSURES FOR BUSINESS PURPOSES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION" section by calling 888-HELIXCO.
RIGHT TO NON-DISCRIMINATION. If you are a "consumer" as defined in CCPA, then you have the right that a business shall not discriminate against you because you exercised rights under CCPA. However, we reserve the right to provide loyalty programs and other differential pricing and services as permitted by the CCPA, which will be subject to applicable terms and conditions of such programs.
LIMITATION OF RIGHTS; COMPLIANCE WITH APPLICABLE LAW. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this CCPA Notice, we may collect, use and disclose personal information as required or permitted by applicable law and this may override CCPA rights. In addition, we need not honor any requests to the extent that doing so would infringe upon our or any other person or party’s rights or conflict with applicable law.
If you are a Nevada resident and would like to make a request under Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes, you may mail us at Helix®, Attn: Nevada 603A, 572 Freeport Street, Boston MA 02122. Please include the following information in your letter: your name, Nevada resident mailing address, and email address.